This December, let's get excited about Christmas - not just the holiday fun, family traditions, and heart-warming decor.
Let's get excited about the arrival of our Savior, Jesus Christ.
When we follow the Bible's story, this - the season right before Jesus comes on the scene - is a time of divinely-inspired waiting. If this were a movie, we'd be walking in right during the part when everyone is sitting on the edge of their seats.
But to really understand that, we have to back up a little. We want to understand why everyone is waiting and who they are waiting for. Then we can truly appreciate the presentation of His arrival laid out in Scripture.
I want to take you on that journey this December.
"The Word on Christmas" Series
Visit the blog every Sunday:
Build your anticipation for Christmas: The Bible has a storyline, and it all leads up to this: Jesus comes to be our King and Savior.
Learn a quick Bible study tip to deepen your time in God's Word from here on out.
- Deepen your quiet time with a FREE Bible study worksheet that will accompany each post. You'll get to practice a new Bible study tip and spend valuable time worshipping God with Scripture and prayer.
Let Scripture reignite your excitement for Christmas, the arrival of Jesus. Come along on the journey and invite a friend.
(Links to each blog post will be added as they go live each Sunday.)
- The Word on Christmas: We Need Jesus (December 3rd)
- The Word on Christmas: Jesus Prophesied (December 10th)
- The Word on Christmas: Jesus is Coming (December 17th)
- The Word on Christmas: Jesus is Here (December 24th)
Have a Christ-centered, Scripture-filled December!